How can we help you?
At Paddington Dentistry, we pride ourselves on patient-centred care. Educating patients on the various aspects of their oral health is key. If you have questions, we welcome them. We want you to have all the information you need to make informed decisions about you and your family’s oral health. We have gathered some of the common questions we hear below. If your question is not answered here, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Once you've opted for Invisalign, you'll need to be compliant about wearing the clear plastic aligners for at least 22 hours per day. Be sure to take good care of your aligners by following these suggestions.
- Because of their clear plastic appearance—rendering them virtually invisible—it's easy to lose your Invisalign clear plastic aligners. While eating, or whenever you need to store them, always place them in their case. We have heard too many stories at our Paddington, NSW dental clinic about patients who have wrapped their Invisalign aligners in a napkin, only to accidentally toss them in the bin.
- Keep your plastic aligners away from pets. Dogs love to chew on them.
- You should not smoke when wearing your aligners.
- Keep your clear aligners clean by brushing them with a toothbrush and toothpaste and rinse them in lukewarm water.
- Never use hot water on your aligners; it could permanently warp the plastic. You can also place your aligners in some cold water with a retainer tablet.
- Don't keep your aligners in the car; the sun can heat the aligners and permanently damage them.
If you've misplaced or damaged your clear plastic aligners, be sure to call our Paddington dental clinic. We can advise you on whether it's okay to switch to the next set or if we'll need to replace them.
Invisalign is the only clear aligner made from SmartTrack material. This ground-breaking technology helps move your teeth more predictably and can help you get the smile you want. Some patients have reported they were able to finish their treatment nearly 50 times faster than those who wore another brand of clear aligners.
We recommend Invisalign at our Paddington, NSW dental clinic because we believe they provide the best possible results for our patients.
Other advantages of Invisalign clear plastic aligners include:
- These virtually undetectable aligners gently move the teeth into the desired position, and most people won't even be aware you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Because they are removed for eating, patients can enjoy all of their favourite foods.
- The removable aligners make it easy to brush and floss without any special dental tools needed.
- As long as patients wear the aligners for at least 22 hours per day, they can remove the aligners for a few hours if there is a special occasion or photo opportunity.
- Patients get to see their teeth change position during treatment.
We welcome your call to our Paddington, NSW dental clinic to learn more about Invisalign clear plastic braces and to find out if you are a good candidate.
The answer depends on how long you’ve gone without wearing your Invisalign aligners. If it’s only been a short time, your aligners should still fit, but they might feel uncomfortable. If it’s been a longer time, talk to your doctor about your unique situation.
The best way to find out for sure if you are a candidate for Invisalign is to contact our Paddington, NSW dental clinic to book a consult. Our dentists can conduct an examination and go over your medical history. Depending on the level of orthodontic correction needed, many adults and older teens make good candidates for Invisalign.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign works well for correcting underbite and overbite, as well as crossbite, open bite, protruding teeth and unusual spacing or gaps. For patients who have more extreme dental issues, traditional orthodontics might be a better option.
For those whose dental issues can benefit from Invisalign, they enjoy the advantages Invisalign has to offer, including:
- Clear plastic aligners that straighten teeth gently and are nearly invisible
- Fewer trips to the dentist for adjustments
- Faster treatment times, with most patients reaching their smile goes in just six to 18 months
- No food restrictions since the custom aligners are removed for eating
- Easy oral care because brushing and flossing is done normally since aligners come out for cleaning
If you have resigned yourself to misaligned teeth because you don’t find the thought of metal wires and brackets appealing, Invisalign might be the answer. We invite you to contact Paddington Dentistry to learn more.
When teeth move, it is likely that you will experience some form of discomfort. Invisalign applies pressure on the teeth in order to move them so you may feel some degree of discomfort. The good news is that this is only temporary. You would likely only experience the discomfort on the first day or two after your have received a new aligner. Once you have become accustomed to your new aligner, the discomfort will settle and may subside altogether.
It may take a couple of days for your tongue to get used to having your Invisalign aligners in your mouth, and you may have a slight lisp. But this should disappear quickly. Invisalign aligners are custom made to fit you, and we will work with you to provide the most comfortable fit possible. Contact our Paddington dental office if you are having issues with your aligner, or if you have further questions about what life with Invisalign might be like.